- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine cut into small cubes
- 1 large courgette cut into small cubes
- 4 large tomatoes coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons water if needed
Saute the potatoes in the oil in a large frying pan or flameproof casserole over a medium heat for 8 to 10 mins until golden, add the onion and peppers and cook, stirring for 8 to 10 mins or until the onion is lightly browned. Add the aubergine and courgette and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the tomatoes season with salt and pepper, cook for 10 – 15 mins until veg are tender, adding water if the mixture starts to stick to the pan. Serve hot. I found it was okay when reheated, but when its first cooked its better.
This is a lovely recipe book with vegetarian and vegan recipes.