Here’s a nice recipe not too difficult to make and it can be reheated.*
- 2 red peppers, deseeded amd cut into pieces
- 1 aubergine sliced and cut into chunks
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1lb)
- 1 large courgette, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 oz red split lentils rinsed
- 1 1/4 pints hot veg stock
- 250 g halloumi cheese cut into slices
- handful of fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Ciabatta to serve (optional)
- Set the oven to 200 C or gas mark 6. Put the prepared veg and fennel seeds (if using) in a large roasting tin or baking dish. Drizzle with oil, season well and then mix together by hand.
- Roast for 30 minutes, sprinkle the lentils over, then pour in the hot stock. Roast for another 15 to 20 mins until the veg and lentils are cooked through.
- Set the grill to high. Lay the cheese slices on top of the veg and grill for 5 to 8 mins until golden. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with the warmed bread.
* Taken from Woman’s Weekly in an article called Tonight’s supper tomorrow’s lunch.